Careers – Product Manager
Product Manager (Software)
How would you like to join a growing company where your efforts will be pivotal to our success and where you’ll be part of transforming health care quality?
Healthmonix enhances the quality of healthcare delivery to improve patient health and outcomes. Our cutting-edge platform provides industry-leading SaaS-based healthcare quality measurement and improvement solutions.
Our team is everything to us. At Healthmonix we care about how we work together as much as we care about building and delivering state-of-the art software for our customers. Your work and happiness matter to us, as the results of your work will matter to the thousands of medical professionals, hospitals, private practices, and medical education associations who rely on our platform across the country.
We are seeking a Product Manager to direct product innovation and development in pursuit of market opportunities that will drive the continuing growth of our organization.
As Product Manager, you will manage a product line as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing next generation products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and develop new ideas based on your industry experience, understanding of relevant opportunities, and your contact with customers and prospects. We want you for your brain and for your passion.
You will apply your experienced approach to defining and prioritizing market needs and our opportunities; you will work with thought leaders and a great software development team; your vision will direct the design and build of market-leading products, and your communications and go-to-market strategies will maximize success.
As successful product leader at Healthmonix, you possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy – a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
You enjoy your time in the market to understand customers’ problems, and your time defining innovative solutions for the broader market. You rely on both intuition and validated learning. You quickly and efficiently design and test to optimize product value. Your role is central to the company’s success so you are highly organized and a powerful communicator across the organization, with customers and to the market. You’re a natural decision maker as product owner working with the engineering team to define product features and release schedules. Your deep product and market understanding intuitively drives marketing communications and our go-to-market strategy. And you are at home as the internal and external product evangelist, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers. How challenging, impactful and fun does getting to do that each day sound?
The Healthmonix product manager’s key role is strategic more than tactical. Your work will result in a successful, bigger future for the company’s products and our team will respect and reward you for it.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from identifying market needs, planning the product roadmap, specifying product features, and defining pricing, to identifying key client targets, managing lead generation and supporting sales activities.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research, supported by site visits with customers and non-customers.
- Determining customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information and leading that research.
- Recommending the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, and appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Documenting product feature requirements for the software development team, driving feature development as product owner in scrum development process
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
- Developing customer channel partner relationships with our channel management and sales teams to help drive traction and growth
- Assessing and keeping the company up to date on competition, comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products in terms of features, value and positioning
- Providing source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives
- Developing product sales strategies with the sales team to drive sales successes
- Providing information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses
- Introducing and marketing new products by developing customer-acquisition and lead-generation strategies with our marketing and telesales teams
- Maintaining product management staff including domain experts, and lead generation team, by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintaining product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- 3+ years of strategic software product management/marketing experience, with strong preference given to experience with products relate to population health or healthcare business intelligence
- Basic knowledge of healthcare quality and/or education technology
- Knowledgeable in Medicare and/or other payer quality programs such as PQRS, Meaningful Use, MIPS, Centers of Distinction, star rating programs
- College degree, relevant masters degree preferred
- Experience/familiarity with pragmatic marketing framework preferred
- Willingness to travel to conferences and customer and non-customer sites in North America
Send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Healthmonix is an equal opportunity employer.