Promoting interoperability performance category
2020 MIPS: formerly Advancing Care Information (ACI)
- Must report on all required measures across the 4 objectives in order to receive category credit
- Performance is measured over at least 90 consecutive days.
- The Verify Opioid Treatment Agreement Measure is removed
- Query of PDMP measure is included as optional with a yes/no response
- If a clinician fails to report on a required measure or claim an exclusion (if applicable), the clinician will not receive a score for the PI performance category.
- Must use 2015 CEHRT in order to receive category credit. Check CEHRT edition
Navigating MIPS in 2020
ATTEND LIVE SESSIONS & DOWNLOADS
Promoting Interoperability Submission Options & Scoring
PI Final Score
Performance is calculated using the numerator/denominator of each measure, except for the measures associated with the Public Health and Clinical Data Exchange objective and the PDMP measure, which all require “yes or no” submissions.
The performance rate corresponds to a point value, and the points for each measure are added together to calculate a Promoting Interoperability performance category score of up to 105 possible points.
5 bonus points
Health Information Exchange
Provider to Patient Exchange
Public Health and Clinical Data Exchange
Protect Patient Health Information
* Exclusions available
*Security Risk Analysis remains part of the requirements for the Promoting Interoperability performance category, but will no longer be scored as a measure.
An organization may choose to submit measure data to CMS as an individual or as a group through any the options below.
CMS Web Interface
Stay up to date with the latest news regarding MACRA and MIPS.
The Healthmonix Advisor is a free weekly news source, connecting you to the latest updates in the value-based care industry.