To receive credit for this activity, MIPS eligible clinicians must promote the importance of a comprehensive eye exam, which may be accomplished by any one or more of the following:
- providing literature,
- facilitating a conversation about this topic using resources such as the “Think About Your Eyes” campaign,
- referring patients to resources providing no-cost eye exams, such as the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s EyeCare America and the American Optometric Association’s VISION USA, or
- promoting access to vision rehabilitation services as appropriate for individuals with chronic vision impairment.
This activity is intended for:
- Non-ophthalmologists / optometrists who refer patients to an ophthalmologist/optometrist;
- Ophthalmologists/optometrists caring for underserved patients at no cost; or
- Any clinician providing literature and/or resources on this topic.
This activity must be targeted at underserved and/or high-risk populations that would benefit from engagement regarding their eye health with the aim of improving their access to comprehensive eye exams or vision rehabilitation services.
|Activity ID||Activity Weighting||Sub-Category Name|
|IA_AHE_7||Medium||Achieving Health Equity|