For use with CEHRT certified to the 2015 edition.
The MIPS eligible clinician is in active engagement with a public health agency (PHA) to submit immunization data and receive immunization forecasts and histories from the public health immunization registry/immunization information system (IIS).
|Public Health and Clinical Data Exchange||Immunization Registry Reporting||5 points*|
*A MIPS eligible clinician is required to submit at least two of the five measures in the Public Health and Clinical Data Exchange objective for 10 total points. If the clinician qualifies for an exclusion and can only report one measure, then the point value for that measure will be reweighted to 10 points.
The MIPS eligible clinician must attest YES to being in active engagement with a PHA to submit immunization data and receive immunization forecasts and histories from the public health immunization registry/immunization information system (IIS).
For multiple registry engagement, report as YES if there is active engagement with more than one immunization registry.
Any MIPS eligible clinician meeting one or more of the following criteria may be excluded from the Immunization Registry Reporting measure if the MIPS eligible clinician:
1. Does not administer any immunizations to any of the populations for which data is collected by its jurisdiction’s immunization registry or immunization information system during the performance period.
2. Operates in a jurisdiction for which no immunization registry or immunization information system is capable of accepting the specific standards required to meet the CEHRT definition at the start of the performance period.
3. Operates in a jurisdiction where no immunization registry or immunization information system has declared readiness to receive immunization data as of 6 months prior to the start of the performance period.
Definition of Terms & Additional Information
Active engagement – The MIPS eligible clinician is in the process of moving towards sending “production data” to a public health agency or clinical data registry, or is sending production data to a public health agency (PHA) or clinical data registry (CDR).
Active engagement may be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- Active Engagement Option 1 – Completed Registration to Submit Data: The MIPS eligible clinician registered to submit data with the PHA or, where applicable, the CDR to which the information is being submitted; registration was completed within 60 days after the start of the MIPS performance period; and the MIPS eligible clinician is awaiting an invitation from the PHA or CDR to begin testing and validation. This option allows MIPS eligible clinicians to meet the measure when the PHA or the CDR has limited resources to initiate the testing and validation process. MIPS eligible clinicians that have registered in previous years do not need to submit an additional registration to meet this requirement for each MIPS performance period.
- Active Engagement Option 2 – Testing and Validation: The MIPS eligible clinician is in the process of testing and validation of the electronic submission of data. MIPS eligible clinicians must respond to requests from the PHA or, where applicable, the CDR within 30 days; failure to respond twice within a MIPS performance period would result in that MIPS eligible clinician not meeting the measure.
- Active Engagement Option 3 – Production: The MIPS eligible clinician has completed testing and validation of the electronic submission and is electronically submitting production data to the PHA or CDR.
Production data – Refers to data generated through clinical processes involving patient care, and it is used to distinguish between data and “test data” which may be submitted for the purposes of enrolling in and testing electronic data transfers.