Percentage of patients initially diagnosed with non-muscle invasive bladder cancer and who received intravesical Bacillus-Calmette-Guerin (BCG) within 6 months of bladder cancer staging.
All patients initially diagnosed with T1, Tis or high grade Ta non-muscle invasive bladder cancer and a qualified encounter in the measurement period.
Equals Initial population
- Immunosuppressed patients, includes HIV and immunocompromised state.
- Immunosuppressive drug therapy.
- Active Tuberculosis.
- Mixed histology urothelial cell carcinoma including micropapillary, plasmacytoid, sarcomatoid, adenocarcinoma and squamous disease.
- Patients who undergo cystectomy, chemotherapy or radiation within 6 months of Bladder Cancer Staging.
- Intravesical Bacillus-Calmette Guerin (BCG) instillation for initial dose or series.
- BCG is initiated within 6 months of the bladder cancer staging and during the measurement period.
Unavailability of BCG